on Jan 14, 2020
“The overall experience was great! ❤️ The best place in Munnar I could say... the view was breathtaking from the room.. the swimming pool... tasty food.. enjoyed a lot and all the staff were super friendly and helpful.. the driver who took us for the site seeing was really friendly and quite a photographer too 🥳 the car facility they had made our site seeing super easy.. ”
Feels like home!
on Jan 10, 2020
The General Manager, Rajesh saved the day when I desperately reached out to the hotel for sightseeing arrangements. I was disorganised in my planning and by the time I've committed to the places I wanna check out in Munnar, I was too late. The travel agent was too busy. I've contacted the hotel, Princy responded immediately & passed on my request to Rajesh.
During the stay, Robin (front office manager), Ravi & Rex (restaurant managers) have been so hospitable and welcoming. Robin is always happy & his smiles are contagious. He brings positive vibes to the guests! Ravi had been very attentive to ensure i have warm breakfast on the table, and have the chef cooked the food the way i prefer. The room is very comfortable, I had hot showers everyday. Oh, and the passionfruit is delicious! The view at the restaurant is breathtaking.
On new year's eve, Robin and his team went door-to-door to deliver cookies for every guest. Its a very heartwarming & personal touch!
Christmas in Munnar
on Jan 9, 2020
During our trek across India, we spent 3 nights and 4 days at this remote and beautiful place. Located on a tea plantation approximately three quarters of a mile above sea level, it was a wonderful counterpoint to the hustle and bustle of Delhi and Jaipur.
During our stay we took advantage of the onsite Aurveytic spa, the sunrise yoga class, the hike through the countryside, and the world class food. The attached photos show just how spectacular the views were.
My only caution is that it is best to time your travel there so that you arrive before dark. The roads are mountainous and narrow. It is well worth the effort. The attached photos show the planned festivities occurring on Christmas eve.
Nice single-day getaway that could be improved
on Jan 3, 2020
What I liked:
1. The property is beautiful. The cottages have a charm and the overall layout feels like it is very unobtrusive to nature.
2. The staff are really friendly and helpful.
3. The view from the restaurant is amazing (as said by most reviewers here).
4. There are some activities such as trekking, yoga and indoor games available for free as long as you inform them in time.
5. There was a friendly mountain squirrel that would come close to the staff and take small treats from them.
What I didn't:
1. The food we ordered for lunch took a long time (45 minutes) to be served.
2. While I understand the concept of open bathrooms, the placement of a transparent window right next to the shower cubicle with a curtain that does not cover the window well, is some poor design. You can stand at the cottage's door and see someone showering.
3. The food could use some improvement. Not that it is bad, but it certainly could be a lot better.
4. The location link given by the hotel was incorrect. The app said that the resort was at Pothamedu view point, while it is actually a couple of kilometers further down the road from there.
5. There was only one bar of soap in the bathroom, which was at the wash basin. There was no shower gel or anything similar, so we had to transfer the soap between basin and shower as needed.
Amazing Property But lack of Maintenance.
on Jan 1, 2020
This was my second stay at blackberry last week Earlier i stayed at sep 2014 and this was my second visit. During my first visit, the property and the villa which I stayed was amazing.
So i booked the visit again here this time too. But when i visited this time, on the first sight i felt bad. The property was not maintained properly. I can see that leaves has been shredded from the trees and those not been cleaned for over a few days (or) Months i belive. The walkway path is not cleaned too.
Resort food and Stay at villas remains to be more comfortable as usual. Hot water was not coming in the rooms and i need to complain on this twice or thrice a day. Apart from that everything is fine.
It would be fine if the management keeps the resort clean so that it would be finer.