Bad room,limited breakfast ,bad service
on Jan 11, 2020
Totally west my money no satisfaction no cleanness in bathroom food quality is cheap we book for 2 nights for my father and mother thay don't clean room and never satisfaction answers given to my father, smell are coming in room what can I say I don't have words
Pathetic service and crumbling property
on Jan 2, 2020
My husband and I stayed at Holiday Beach Resort, Candolim recently on a short holiday from December 7-12. Right from a tediously slow check-in process, (after which we were told the receptionist quit the next day when nobody answered the reception number) to terrible room service, an unattended reception at most times, dirty rooms with paint peeling from the walls and cracks and dust clearly visible, loose taps and fixtures, to the absence of basic amenities like a bottle opener, fluctuating wifi, improper room cleaning and no food or tea/coffee available in the hotel. The swimming pool was also unusable with a layer of slime on the surface and hence no guests ventured there, despite it being included in the room tariff. Even the complimentary breakfast was a sham..a very basic and limited menu at a nearby restaurant with which the hotel had a tie-up. We paid 12,000 for 5 nights which was completely not worth it at all. The hotel needs serious renovation and trained staff asap.
Only for the location. Nothing Else.
on Nov 15, 2019
- Location. Right on the Candolim beach road, at a 2 mins walk from the beach.
- The decor of the hotel and rooms is very old. I must say that the pics on booking sites are a bit deceptive. Doesn’t give you a good fresh feeling when you return to the room after a tiring day.
- Wi-Fi virtually doesn’t exists. It took 2-3 mins to load any website page. You might need to check where the routers are, and then ask for a room nearest to it. Jio and Vodafone networks are also weak. So if you have to rely on internet for any work then you have to look for some alternatives.
- We booked a room type as ‘Suite’ , but its just a single room, with attached balcony. Don’t know why do they have to present a false picture in front of guest by calling a room as ‘Suite’
- There were small Cockroaches in the bathroom. The rod to hang clothes was broken as well.
- Most rooms are back facing, with no view as such. So try to get a road side room , that too on the 1st floor.
- Breakfast starts at 8.30 am, but when we went for breakfast at 8.40 am we were told that the Chef has not yet arrived, and even the seating area was not setup. This put our entire planning for the day at toss. They told that then can extend the breakfast timings by 15 mins. But if you start breakfast 45 mins late, you must extend the timings as well by 45 mins.
- The breakfast area is an adjoining hotel which is undergoing renovation. So we were sitting besides a worker who was plastering the wall, with dust all over.
- Breakfast included Bread Jam, Paratha/ Puri , Bhaaji, Omlett/ Bhurjee , Poha/ Upma. No coffee / Juice is available. I would recommend to skip the breakfast package, and head out to numerous hotels near by to have a breakfast of your choice and at your time.
- There was no hair dryer available (even when we checked at the reception). I guess even if not in the room, it is very common these days to at least have a hair dryer in the hotel.
- They have Solar water heater. So during the day you get excellent hot water. During night if need be, then you need to adjust with the available water temperature.
If you are looking for a stay at a good location at a low cost , and nothing else matters to you much, then look no further. You are at the right hotel. But apart from that , there is nothing much at this hotel.
on Nov 14, 2019
First of all its not a resort. its just a hotel. we stayed in holiday beach resort for 3 N 1st Nov to 4 Nov. The rooms were so dirty. there was no hot water availability for shower. we had to shower with cold water.The room stank like a sewer. AC was not working. too small rooms. The electricity power kept going out. Limited breakfast options. Food was little good. Too small swimming pool. i will not recommended it all.
The good thing is that the location. its near to beach.
Bad management, bad organisation and bad services. DO NOT STAY HERE!
on Oct 27, 2019
1) Was booked in an upstairs room during August for 7 days. Luckily I had my written confirmation from Agoda for IRS 22,100 plus IRS 3978. The hotel receptionist was adamant to charge me IRS 42,000 for the week, a truly outrageous price, esp[ecially during the off season.
2) There was no warm water for a shower during my stay. Had to shower in cold water.
3) Internet and power which was inconsistent and would go on and off.
4) Airconditioning was only available in the bedroom. No aircon in TV and sitting area which became very hot.
5) Tariff included breakfast at Ministry of Grills restaurant next door. However, the breakfast was restricted to an omelette or boiled egg (depending on day) and to toast and to one Indian selection. No fruit juice, fruit or milk for coffee was available...... However the room menu clearly stated a selection of eggs with bacon, sausage, milk coffees, cereal, fruit and other selections.
6) Dirty shower Grime and Dirt throughout.
7) Toilet paper was not replaced. WE actually ended up using paper napkins collected from a nearby restaurant.