Not a 3star hotel.. better than some lodges
on Dec 10, 2017
I am still staying this place.. so let me talk some positive any this hotel first
1. Entry is good.. gives nice feel
2. Restaurant is opened and closed at its times so one can get food if you feel like eating.
3. Room sizes are good..
4. Around 6 km from Marina Beach..
1. Not good for big group.. we r hear to participate in marriage and the hotel staff are all over.. this indicates on their full capacity they are not operative.
2. Promised 12 noon check-in is available after 3 pm and that also if u r angry beyond ur control.
3. Only one lift is operating alternatively .. may be energy saving measures.
4. In my room only one electrical switch operating.. all lights on or all off.. so in night if you are with ur partner and want to use rest room.. you had it.
5. They don't give soap in toilet. Repeated asking also doesn't let u get it .. even anger is useless ..So take ur soaps if u r going here.
6. Water is problem across India and here you can feel.. they give 400 ml in a room and no extra.. no means no
7. Yes tey don't give milk powder, sugar and coffee also beyond fixed quantity.
8. If you are proper tea drinker in morning.. please don't ask in room service ..It's cold and horrible tea they serve.. better walk out and u can get good tea in Chai point in building besides the hitel, right side when you walk out of hotel.
8. The buffet lunch dinner are repeated between lunch and dinner and may be next day.. better order ala carte and ensure nit to order want is on buffet..
9. Room cleaning is not possible if you don't shout..
Instant and fast service
on Dec 2, 2017
The service was so quick and rooms tidy and well maintained. Food was excellent and the complimentary breakfast provided had good variety. The portico and parking area very spacious. On he whole liked the service.
Mr. P k bansal
on Nov 28, 2017
I stayed at hotel Abu Sarovar Portico, Chennai with my family for about three weeks in the month of November 2018.
The hotel is centrally located and close to all important attractions of city.
The rooms are very spacious and lay out & quality of furniture is pretty good. The best part is hotel staff, be it reception or restaurant or house keeping. They are very courteous and co-operative. The GM Mr. Sathish Kumar is very friendly. The guest relations manager Ms Anitha, ever smiling person always available for any assistance. Food is delicious and restaurant staff is also pretty good.
I recommend this hotel for short or long stay in Chennai.
on Nov 23, 2017
To be fair there were some excellent aspects to this hotel and others that were disappointing. At all times throughout, the staff were courteous, polite, and very helpful, especially in the dining area. The hotel was comfortable and the facilities very good, free Wifi, tea and coffee, toiletries, etcetera. Not a new hotel, but still in fairly good repair. While the bed linen was spotless, the room areas most used were cleaned, but in general the complete room really was below par in the cleanliness stakes. Whether this is a staffing issue (not enough staff) I can't say. I reported the safe in my room was not working, and some floor beading that had come away and was a potential hazard. Neither was attended to for the 2 days I was there. The manager was very helpful but it was obvious he had a lot to handle on his own. The food was exceptionally good, the only complaint, was I didn't have the faintest idea what each dish contained as they were mostly only labelled in Hindi.
A Big black spot on the Name of Sarovar group
on Nov 3, 2017
Pathetic room maintanence and pathetic service. Untrained staff for hospitality. During the breakfast, the milk kept in coffee machine was not fresh, Infact it became curd when we opened the milk storage. This kind of practice is like playing with the occupants' health and life.