DAY 1 - Arrival In Thimphu
- On arrival at Paro Airport, you will be met by our representative who will transfer you to your hotel in Thimphu (60 Km/1:30 Hrs). After checking into your hotel (early check-in is subject to availability), proceed for a panoramic private sightseeing tour of Memorial Chorten, Kuensel Phodrang – world’s largest sitting Buddha statue, BBS Tower – a vantage point view of the Thimpu valley and Takin Preserve & Mini Zoo. Dinner & overnight stay in Thimphu.
DAY 2 - THIMPHU SIGHTSEEING
- After breakfast, proceed for a full day private sightseeing tour of Folk Heritage Museum, Royal Textile Academy & Museum, Anim Dratshang (Nunnery), Trashichhodzong – Fortress in Thimphu and Handicrafts Emporium. Dinner & overnight stay in Thimphu. Note - On weekends, guests would also have the opportunity of visiting the weekend market, an interesting market with local items and bargain priced handicraft goods.
DAY 3 - Thimphu To Punakha
- After breakfast, proceed towards Punakha (Approx 100km/3 hours). En route, halt at Dochu La - a mountain pass leading further into the Punakha Valley, offering a stunning 360-degree panoramic view of Eastern Himalayan mountain ranges. The view is especially scenic on clear, winter days with snow-capped mountains forming a majestic backdrop to the tranquillity of the 108 chortens gracing the mountain pass. Enjoy lunch at a newly opened restaurant ‘Druk Wangyel Café’ and visit Punakha Dzong and Chimi Lakhang on your way to Punakha. Dinner & overnight stay in Punakha.
DAY 4 - Punakha To Paro
- After breakfast, check-out of your hotel and proceed to Paro. (125 Km / 4 Hrs). The Paro valley extends from the confluence of the Paro Chhu and the Wang Chhu rivers at Chuzom upto Mt. Jomolhari at the Tibetan border to the North. This picturesque region is one of the widest valleys in the kingdom and is covered in fertile rice fields and has a beautiful, crystalline river meandering down the valley.After checking into your hotel, proceed for a private sightseeing tour of Drukgyel Dzong – ruins of an old fortress in Paro, Kyichu Lakhang – famous monastery in Paro and Ta Dzong - national museum of Bhutan.Dinner & overnight stay in Paro.
DAY 5 - Paro – Excursion To Chele Pass Or Taktsang Monastery (Any One)
- After breakfast, proceed for a day excursion to Chele La Pass (12,200ft) - The highest motorable point in Bhutan or you can choose to visit the most iconic place of Bhutan -The Taktsang Monastery – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It requires 2-3 hours of trekking. Evening is free at leisure to explore more of Paro markets, as may you find a perfect souvenir to take back home.
- Dinner and overnight stay in Paro.
DAY 6 - Departure
- Depart with happy memories from the Kingdom of Happiness - Bhutan!