DAY 1 - ARRIVAL IN THIMPHU
- On arrival at Paro Airport, you will be met by our representative who will transfer you to your hotel in Thimphu (60 Km/1:30 Hrs).
- After checking into your hotel (early check-in is subject to availability), proceed for a panoramic private sightseeing tour of Memorial Chorten, Kuensel Phodrang – world’s largest sitting Buddha statue, BBS Tower – a vantage point view of the Thimpu valley and Takin Preserve & Mini Zoo.
- Enjoy an evening cultural show & mask dance followed by dinner & overnight stay in Thimphu.
DAY 2 - THIMPHU SIGHTSEEING
- After breakfast, proceed for a full day private sightseeing tour of Folk Heritage Museum, Royal Textile Academy & Museum, Anim Dratshang (Nunnery), Trashichhodzong – Fortress in Thimphu and Handicrafts Emporium.
- Dinner & overnight stay in Thimphu.
- Note - On weekends, guests would also have the opportunity of visiting the weekend market, an interesting market with local items and bargain priced handicraft goods.
DAY 3 - THIMPHU TO PUNAKHA
- After breakfast, proceed towards Punakha (Approx 100km/3 hours). En route, halt at Dochu La - a mountain pass leading further into the Punakha Valley, offering a stunning 360-degree panoramic view of Eastern Himalayan mountain ranges.
- The view is especially scenic on clear, winter days with snow-capped mountains forming a majestic backdrop to the tranquillity of the 108 chortens gracing the mountain pass.
- Enjoy lunch at a newly opened restaurant ‘Druk Wangyel Café’ and visit Punakha Dzong and Chimi Lakhang on your way to Punakha.
- Dinner & overnight stay in Punakha.
DAY 4 - PUNAKHA SIGHTSEEING
- After breakfast, proceed for a visit to the beautiful Phobjika Valley and Goempa Monastery. The Phobjika valley is home to the migration of the Black-necked crane.
- Overnight stay in Punakha.Overnight stay in Punakha.
DAY 5 - PUNAKHA TO PARO
- After breakfast, check-out of your hotel and proceed to Paro. (125 Km / 4 Hrs). The Paro valley extends from the confluence of the Paro Chhu and the Wang Chhu rivers at Chuzom upto Mt. Jomolhari at the Tibetan border to the North.
- This picturesque region is one of the widest valleys in the kingdom and is covered in fertile rice fields and has a beautiful, crystalline river meandering down the valley.
- After checking into your hotel, proceed for a private sightseeing tour of Drukgyel Dzong – ruins of an old fortress in Paro, Kyichu Lakhang – famous monastery in Paro and Ta Dzong - national museum of Bhutan.
- Dinner & overnight stay in Paro.
DAY 6 - PARO – EXCURSION TO CHELE PASS
- After breakfast, proceed for a day excursion to Chele La Pass (12,200ft) - The highest motorable point in Bhutan.
- On a clear day, one can get a breath-taking view of Mt. Jhomolhari (23,996 ft. the second highest peak of Bhutan) and other Himalayan giants.
- Visit Paro Dzong while returning to Paro.
- Rest of the day is at leisure.
DAY 7 - PARO – EXCURSION TO TAKTSANG MONASTERY
- After breakfast, visit most iconic place of Bhutan -The Taktsang Monastery – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It requires 2-3 hours of trekking.
- Evening is free at leisure to explore more of Paro markets, as may you find a perfect souvenir to take back home.
DAY 8 - DEPARTURE
- Depart with happy memories from the Kingdom of Happiness - Bhutan!